AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Donate to Katrina!

Reflections on Katrina

So here I sit,
The house is quiet,
My beloved dogs lie at my feet...
I have a full stomach.

My clothes are piled on the antique bed...
My books are piled around my computer,
My dishes are waiting to be washed..
My life is all of a piece, whole and good.


Life for me is sweet and full.
I drink from a full cup.

And yet in the next room
the television shows those awful sights
of pain and loss and total despair..

And I swear to myself that never again
will I go through a day and take this life
for granted.

***all profits from the purchases of any of the SEARCH AND RESCUE CANINE designs on Dogdaze will be donated to the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina for an indefinite period of time, as noted on the front page of

DogDaze Designs

No comments: