AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Sunset of her life....



My Newf Angel has entered her sunset years. She turned 13 years old on the 13th of December.
She whispers now when she barks.
She shakes her ears to tell me when she needs to go out.
After she gets outside she often forgets why she went there.
When she comes back in she sometimes remembers and she wants to go outside again.
Sometimes she gets her job done outside and other times she finishes it up inside.
But she is the love of my life and I will gladly put up with the inconveniences of it.
She sleeps a lot.
It is her favorite pasttime next to eating.
When I eat, she manages to hear me every time, and she comes and wais beside me so she can lick the crumbs when I am done.
I know the time will come sometime.
I hope it is a long time from now.


Dog lovers know what I mean.
The time when I have to hold her in my arms at the vet's office.
The time when I will have to say good bye.

She means the world to me.
for niine of her thirteen years she was my number one search dog.
She is probably the best search dog I will ever have.

Her daughter Jenna is a close second.
And soon her great granddaughter will go into training.

Her name will be "Phoenix"

Because she will "rise from the ashes" so to speak....and carry on the tradition.

But no one will ever replace my Angel.

I just hope that I can have another year with her...


Click on this link to order products in all breeds with images such as the Newf Sunset pictured, and many others!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh did you ever hit home when you said the day you have to hold your angel and say good bye,,,,,,
I will pray you get your yr or more with your gurl,,,
Your so lucky to have gotten to have her with you for 13yrs I lost my gurl at 11yrs,,,
Its tough but at least we know they go to Rainbow Bridge and are happy,,Bless you and your angel,
Bonzzz