AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Friday, February 10, 2006

Welcome to Phoenix



Phoenix has arrived! A great grand-daughter to my Angel (still with us as we speak, laying on the rug in the dining room and sound asleep) , the new puppy "feenie" is also in the dining room, chewing on her grandmother's legs and ears...(her grandmother is Jenna.)
Feenie is destined to become my next search dog. She is quite intelligent and becoming very bonded to me. Also very laid back. And a "barker" (at least she barks at Jenna in play. She sits and waits to get her dinner! She cuddles. She goes to get a toy when thrown. She is becoming a bit more house trainedd but not all there yet.
The symbolism of her name....a new beginning. After all the "upset"of last year, a move, and the downsizing of my kennel, it is now the time to start my new Search Dog and also to continue the excellence of my bloodline, first begun way back iin 1987 with "Bear" my first Newfy. Cheers to the FUTURE! I will keep you posted on updates as Feenie grows up!

No comments: