AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Training days of summer

Just take a look at the great new "widget" I installed! On the left....the "DAILY PUPPY"!! Isn't it great?? Every time you come back to this blog you can see DIFFERENT PUPPIES (different ones each day!!)

I'm going to add this "widget" to my own website at DOGINFO and also on my KAYLAR homepage!

I have been going out once weekly with two-three other members of my team (IOWA SEARCH AND RESCUE)and training the dogs. Each time: different place, different people hiding, different time of day, etc. It is for sure always fun but always challenging. Of course, the more you do this, the more you find out, and my Phoenix isn't NEARLY ready to certify yet. I am hoping to get her "into shape" by fall but it is doubtful at this point! The one problem I seem to be running into is her willingness to STOP once she finds her person, she wants to just keep on going....oh well..I am just going to keep on training!

Till next time....
cheers, and keep your nose in the wind!

No comments: