AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Friday, September 21, 2007

training retrievers



My son is turning his attention to professional retriever training and I have been busy working on his webpages for him. I have also been updating my daughters web site.
Plus I am getting over the humongous cold which lasted about three weeks and haven't had a chance to put up any of my dog's searching practice pictures or even to practice very much. However I did write a lenz just the other day about the training for Feeny , to "stop and wait" on command. Took her out in the street a couple of days ago and worked with her for a brief time and she did very well, actually. You can read all about this type of training, (clicker training) at my Home site web pages, All Things Dog
But anyhooo....my friend Rita (actually my sister in law) took some great photos of Feeny and Jenna the olast time they were here so here they are: The one carrying her bell collar is Jenna, she carries her collar before the search starts..
You can read the latest "Search Dog Log" (which is the journal one should keep when training search dogs) . Meanwhile, I am going to get out real quick and do a quick walk with the "girls since there is a storm moving in later this evening.
Kiss your four legged friends for me!

No comments: