AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just finished writing my training manual

Spent the last MONTH finishing up my book that I have been working on and off for about three years now. Finally decided to sit down and just get the job done. Now it's for sale at my tee shirt shop and also for sale at my own Show Dog Shop and soon will be for sale in down-loadable format from the web too! both of my doggies have been patient with me through this trying time of staying up late at night, getting up early in the maorning, and generally being somewhat stressed. Never realized how complicated it would be to "format" pages and documents. but I finally got the job done, (big sigh of relief!) Getting up and away from the computer every day for a good long walk with the "girls" was a treat. And that is something they wouldn't let me forget, either! I fished out old photos of my dearly beloved and sorely missed newfs of the past and put a lot of them into my book. It was such fun to do this and remember the fun times we had during our travels.

And going over the actual steps of training makes one realize just exactly how much IS involved in training a well balanced dog that can face the stress of travel, showing, searching, therapy, or whatever you pursue with your dog. I am sure this book will be useful to ANYONE who owns a dog. Writing it made me realize how much growth I have experienced in so many ways throughout the years and how much I have learned since my beginning days as a "newbie". I am hopeful that people who get this book won't have to learn the hard way, like I did.

No comments: