AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Memorial poetry

I found a wonderful poem which maybe will help me with my Angel...I am sure her time is coming before too long.....

It talks about the need to put your dog to sleep when she reaches that point when there is too much pain..too much for her to bear any more. It is such an awful thing to contemplate...

In these modern times of medical miracles..one always hopes to find that perfect solution. Unfortunately we are all mortal, as are our pets. How ironic it is that when those pets whom we love so deeply, as part of our families, can be put out of their paiin, and oftentimes our own human loved ones must suffer till the very end.

Anyhow....this poem is really helpful. It begins like this:

If it should be that I grow frail and weak

And pain should keep me from my sleep Then you must do what must be done

For this, the last battle can't be won....

click on the title of this article to read the rest of it..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good ideas on a very sad and sensitive subject.

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog. I hope you continue it soon.