AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Friday, June 02, 2006

A Word From Phoenix

Well I suddenly realized that I haven't "Blogged" for a long time. The reason is obvious, it's summer and there is a LOT to do. The thing that has been taking up the most time is Phoenix....I will let her tell you!

"We have been really busy. Mom has been teaching me a lot of things. First she started taking me outside for a lot of walks. And she won't let me pull on the collar. I had to learn to walk beside her, but she gives me a lot of treats and that helps. I have to sit when she tells me and stay when she tells me. Yesterday I started to learn to jump up and put my front feet on mom when she tells me to, and only do it when she tells me to.

The we went to a place that has a big thing that you can follow the little children on to it when they go up on this stair kind of thing, and they walk across this bridge that swings and is up in the air. Mom calls it the "playground slide" I thought it was SCARY but I like to be where little kids are, I know it is okay if they are on it too.

Then she has also been taking me outside and holding on to me and not letting me go when the little kids run away from me. Then all of a sudden she will let me go and I get to go and find the little kids and where they ran to!! it is FUN!!! And one time, ...no, twice...we were just out walking and I smelled my favorite little kid, and mom put on my harness and I got to go and find her right where I smelled her!!!

One of the most fun things we did was to get in the car and go to this place that has this funny strange place where you can get ALL WET instead of just getting your head wet when you get a drink. It is like when I have my bowl of water and I put my feet in it and dig the water out, only at this place there is so much water that you can't possibly dig it all out! Mom calls it "the lake".When I go in there my feet are "swimming" she says.

Now we do these things every day and I am very very busy! So is mom,"


I promise that I won't let my blog go so long any more :-)

Besides training Phoenix I have been trying to get in a lot of search practice with Jenna....and yes unfortunately our team has been called for a couple of drownings already! so folks out there who go on the water: WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKETS!!!!!

1 comment:

Forest Lady said...

Hi, I just found your blog. My name is Kathy Reed, too!