AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Heading into cold weather

Halloween has arrived...Thanksgiving is next. Won't be long till the snows are flyiing....is your dog in bed? Comfortable? Warm? Well fed? (but be sure he's not OBESE!)For Better Pet Healthcheck out Pet Nutrition.com

To make sure you are up to date on all the specifics of cold weather care, you should also take a look at for responisble ownership rules

I am in the process of getting ready for another SAR training and now is the time of year when I switch over to more "urban searches" ...yes that's right. Hunting season is also here! To protect myself, and my dogs, I just DON'T take the risk of traiining out in rurual areas. Too many pheasan hunters and deer hunters out there...not that I'm against it...I LOVE to eat both pheasant and deer...just don't care to involve myself in this sport, nor risk my dogs! I wish good luck to all who DO go hunting. and be sure to STAYT SAFE!

Till next time....Happy hunting, and Happy searching....

No comments: