AddThis Social Bookmark Button

A "dog blog" about all breeds and issues of importance to people who value the dogs in their lives, with a special emphasis on Search and Rescue dogs, in particular the training of my Newfoundland Dogs

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Dogs

The last week has seen a lot of snowfall, and since this is really the first time Phoenix has been exposed to a LOT of snow it has been interesting to watch her reactions. The first day she bounced (literally!) in the snow for hours, stuffing her face deep into the drifts, and rolling about making doggy "angels" , then bounciing back up, shaking off and doing it again. The neighbor children were delighted to discover that Jenna could actually pull them along the street on the sled!

I travclled to Wisconsin the other day with my granddaughter, soon to be 18 years old. She needed to transport one of their dogs (golden retrievers) to a breeder and she asked if I could help out by going along. As it turned out, I drove the whole way and we used my little van since it has electronic 4 wheel drive and the snow was coming down at a good clip. It was a long drive and a bit "hairy" as far as the driving skill needed. There were quite a few vehicles along the way that had slid into the ditches and medians. I asked my Stacie afterwards if she could have done it by herself...the answer was "no, Gramma, I would have freaked out!"

Gotta go, school just called and asked me to sub....till next time...have a great wintery day!

No comments: